Civil War Trail - Harrisburg 3-09 
Plaque for the Rockville Bridge
[640x480] [1280x960]
Plaque for the Rockville Bridge
Viewed: 443 times.

A view of the Rockville Bridge from upstream.  The longest continuous stone arch bridge in the world at 3820 feet.  There are 48 arches at 70 feet an arch.  It's 52 feet wide and carries 4 train tracks.
[640x480] [1280x960]
A view of the Rockville Bridge from upstream. The longest continuous stone arch bridge in the world at 3820 feet. There are 48 arches at 70 feet an arch. It's 52 feet wide and carries 4 train tracks.
Viewed: 331 times.

The site of Camp Curtin, the largest Union muster camp during the Civil War.  Troops arrived and departed by box cars there were so many.  At the time, this was a 30 minute walk north of the City of Harrisburg.
[640x480] [1280x960]
The site of Camp Curtin, the largest Union muster camp during the Civil War. Troops arrived and departed by box cars there were so many. At the time, this was a 30 minute walk north of the City of Harrisburg.
Viewed: 288 times.

The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
[640x480] [1280x960]
The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
Viewed: 288 times.

The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
[640x480] [1280x960]
The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
Viewed: 292 times.

The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
[640x480] [1280x960]
The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
Viewed: 273 times.

The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
[640x480] [1280x960]
The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
Viewed: 271 times.

The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
[640x480] [1280x960]
The view today of what once was Camp Curtin
Viewed: 280 times.

The Broad Street Market opened in 1860 to help feed the 300,000 plus Union Soldiers mustering in at Camp Curtin, this stone building was completed in 1863 and is still open today as the oldest continually operated market house in the United States.  A brick extension was built in 1874 that is also open.
[640x480] [1280x960]
The Broad Street Market opened in 1860 to help feed the 300,000 plus Union Soldiers mustering in at Camp Curtin, this stone building was completed in 1863 and is still open today as the oldest continually operated market house in the United States. A brick extension was built in 1874 that is also open.
Viewed: 292 times.

Powered by Gallery v1